The Regional Committee,
Welcoming the presentation of the proposed Programme Budget 2010–2011 for the
Western Pacific Region, prepared according to the principles of results-based budgeting and with the inclusion of cross-cutting strategic objectives, regional expected results and measurable regional indicators;
Acknowledging the continuing efforts to present a more focused Programme Budget aligned with the longer term strategic vision covering three bienniums as articulated in the Medium-term Strategic Plan (2008–2013),
1. ENDORSES the Programme Budget 2010–2011 for the Western Pacific Region;
2. REQUESTS the Regional Director to review and revise, as necessary, the budget allocations to countries and areas and the intercountry programmes by strategic objectives and regional expected results, based on the review of the Regional Committee and the detailed operational plans, which have been developed with respective countries and areas, prior to implementation;
3. FURTHER REQUESTS the Regional Director to review and revise, as necessary, the regional indicators to more fully reflect outcomes, based on the discussion by the Regional Committee during its sixtieth session;
4. NOTES the Programme Budget for the Western Pacific Region is to be financed by assessed contributions and voluntary contributions to the extent that the latter become available;
5. REQUESTS the Regional Director to make every effort to implement the Programme Budget 2010–2011 for the Western Pacific Region in close collaboration with Member States.
 Annex 1 of document WPR/RC60/4.