15. Local transport
Bus : Central Line operates from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and departs every 15 minutes while the Eastern and Circle Line operates from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and departs every 20 minutes. Fare is B$1.00 or US$0.57.
Taxi : Operates from 7:00 a.m. to 12:30 midnight.
Optional. Some hotels add 10 % service charge.
17. Custom and courtesy
- In mosques, visitors should remove their shoes and not pass in front of people at prayer.
- Never touch the Al - Quran.
- Women should ensure that their heads, knees and arms are covered before entering mosques.
- A Bruneian shakes hands lightly and brings his hands to his chest.
- Members of the opposite sex do not shake hands.
- It is impolite to point with the index finger (use the right thumb, instead) or to beckon someone with fingers upmost. Instead, the whole hand should be waved with palm facing downwards.
- The right fist should never be smacked into the left palm.
- Gifts, particularly gifts of food, are passed with the right hand.
- When sitting, the soles of your feet should not be pointed towards your companions.