Quality Assurance in Health Services
The Regional Committee,
Having reviewed the Regional Director's report on quality assurance;*
Welcoming the efforts already being made by Member States to raise the quality of their health services in order to maximize their impact;
Recognizing the importance of quality assurance in dealing with issues of financing health services and providing such services on an equitable basis;
- URGES Member States:
- (1) to incorporate quality assurance in their policies and strategies for achieving health for all;
- (2) to provide opportunities for health workers to develop skills in implementing quality assurance techniques;
- (3) to share information on their experience in quality assurance in overall health development and in specific service areas;
- REQUESTS the Regional Director:
- (1) to cooperate with Member States in devising policies and programmes that promote quality of care as a central value in public health action;
- (2) to provide the technical support required for countries to ensure that quality of care is considered when they deal with issues of equity and financing in health services;
- (3) to support the training of health personnel in the methods and techniques of quality assurance;
- (4) to facilitate the exchange of information among Member States on their experience in implementing quality assurance programmes.
- (5) to report to the Regional Committee in 1994 on the progress of quality assurance in health services in die Western Pacific Region.
10 September 1992