Report of the Sub-Committee of the Regional Committee on Programmes and Technical Cooperation: Country Visit
The Regional Committee,
Having considered the report of the sub- Committee of the Regional Committee on Programmes and Technical Cooperation on its visits to Fiji and Malaysia; *
- TAKES NOTE of the findings and endorses the recommendations of the Sub-Committee in relation to WHO's collaboration in the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases;
- THANKS the Sub-Committee for its work;
- REQUESTS the Regional Director to take the Sub-Committee's findings and recommendations into consideration in developing future activities for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases;
- REQUESTS the Sub-Committee, as part of its terms of reference in 1991;
- (1) to review and analyse the impact of WHO's cooperation with Member States in the management of health facilities, including the maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- (2) to review the draft framework of the Ninth General Programme of Work;
- (3) to review a draft regional report on the Second Evaluation of the Strategy for Health for All.
13 September 1990