The Regional Committee,
Having reviewed the report presented by the Regional Director, *
- NOTES that UNICEF, although not normally providing assistance to campaigns against poliomyelitis, has agreed to do so under the following conditions:
- (1) there is evidence that the incidence of the disease had increased greatly or was likely to do so in the near future,
- (2) the government concerned gives high priority to vaccination of the susceptible (which in most cases would be young children),
- (3) that the country has adequate medical services for this purpose, except in emergencies;
- REQUESTS the Regional Committee to continue to give every possible assistance to Member countries undertaking campaigns against poliomyelitis.
21 September 1965